TUESDAY 05 FEBRUARY 2019, 15:45
The Young Norfolk Arts Trust and The Garage have teamed up to develop an incredibly exciting opportunity for music artists/bands in Norfolk.
We are looking for 6 bands or individual music artists aged 16-21 years, who are ready to take their music skills to the next level. The music artists/bands need to be writing their own original material, with enough existing content to perform a 20 minute set.
What does the project involve?
You or your band will get the following amazing opportunities:-
- 4 x 2 hour rehearsal sessions for you or your band with a professional musician who will give you advice and guidance on your music and performance skills
- A performance opportunity at The Waterfront as part of the ‘Unsigned’ Gig where professional filmed footage and photography of you or your band performing live will be captured, edited and given to you to use for promotion.
- A session with a marketing professional to learn about how to promote your music
- A session in a studio to professionally record one of your tracks
- A professional photo session to give you stylised images to use for promotion
- A mentor to support you to apply for more gig/performance opportunities at local events over the summer of 2019
How to apply
- Please send an email to [email protected] with links to your music – we are happy to listen to recordings and/or watch filmed footage. In the ‘subject’ box of the email please write ‘Application to Unsigned’
- In the body of the email please tell us about you/your bands history, your music and why you are interested in this project.
- Deadline for submission is Friday 1 March, successful applicants will be informed by Friday 8 March 2019
- Rehearsal Sessions with a music professional will take place during March & April at The Garage in Norwich
- The performance at The Waterfront will take place on Sunday 19 May, you will need to be available for a sound check from 5pm with the event 7-10pm that evening
- The marketing, recording, photo and mentoring sessions will take place during May and June. Your mentor will support you to apply for more local performance opportunities in June and July.
*This project is supported by the Norfolk Music Hub and the National Foundation for Youth Music