JOIN OUR ACCESS SCHEME
We aim to be as welcoming and accessible to as many people as possible. That’s why we’re launching our new Access Scheme for performances in our theatre.
If you are d/Deaf, disabled and/or neurodivergent, or have other requirements due to physical or mental health conditions, we invite you to join our Access Scheme so we can provide the best possible service for you when you visit us to see a performance.
We offer British Sign Language (BSL) Interpreted performances, Sensory-Adapted and Dementia-Friendly (Relaxed) performances, and welcome assistance dogs.
Individuals who join the Access scheme will be able to:
- Book tickets for wheelchair or mobility scooter users online
- Receive information on any upcoming access performances
- Receive free tickets for their essential companion or companions
Fill in the application form below to join the scheme.
- There is a flat level entrance with automatic doors
- Each of the studios has a flat entrance and those not on the ground floor can be reached via the lift. The lift entrance is 80 cms wide.
- We have a loading bay outside The Garage which can be used for cars to drop off
- Although there is no parking on site, the nearest Blue Badge Holder Parking is located opposite the Theatre Royal (Approximately 2 minutes away)
- There are wheelchair accessible toilets with shower on each main floor and in dressing room 3 with colour contrast
- The signage on internal doors is duplicated in braille
- If you would like the booking information in large print or on a different coloured paper then just let us know
- We’ve tried to make our website as accessible as possible. Do contact us if you have suggestions for improvement
All service dogs are welcome in the building
We have regular audio-described, captioned or Signed performances – dates are listed on individual production pages
Relaxed performances are specially designed performances that have been adapted to create a supportive atmosphere for people with autism spectrum conditions, learning disabilities and other sensory and communication disorders